We wanted to let you know about the upcoming slurry project and some information about why the slurry is being done so soon after the road replacement.
1. The road project was quoted as a two step process from the beginning and it was part of the original bid.
2. The slurry acts as a binder over the new asphalt, protecting it from water and adding addition bonding strength.
3. The contractor proposed doing one side of the street at a time to accommodate parking.
4. We experienced some garbage truck paint leaking onto the street which will be eliminated.
5. The manhole covers will be sealed around the edges since leveling and adding concrete sleeves disrupted the asphalt. Some concrete sleeves were missing at the time of the initial installation.
The road is being done correctly and should give us 20 to 25 years of service.
Attached is the map schedule of work.
If you have any questions please feel free to email your questions to email@example.com.